It takes about one hour or one hour and a half to access Cerkno by car from larger cities, such as Ljubljana, Kranj or Nova Gorica. Cerkno can also be accessed from the Gorenjska via Škofja Loka (39 km) through the Poljane valley (center) or the Selca valley (ski slope). The best access from Ljubljana is via Logatec and Idrija (80 km). From Nova Gorica access is possible along the Soča valley and further along the Idrijca valley to Cerkno (66 km) or across Grgar and Čepovan (50 km). Access is also possible from Bovec via Kobarid and Tolmin along the Soča and Idrijca valley to Cerkno (70 km).
The nearest railway station is at Most na Soči (27 km), where there are links to Gorenjska (Bohinj) and Primorska region (Nova Gorica). The railway station in Logatec is 48 km from Cerkno (via Idrija), where there are connections to Koper and Ljubljana (from here there is a connection to the rest of Slovenia and Europe).
More at: www.slo-zeleznice.si
There is a bus stop in Cerkno with regular bus connections to Idrija, Tolmin, Ljubljana and Škofja Loka.
More at: www.ap-ljubljana.si
- Jože Pučnik Airport, Ljubljana, SLO (56 km away from Cerkno via Škofja Loka)
- Edvard Rusjan Airport, Maribor, SLO (177 km away from Cerkno via Škofja Loka)
- Portorož Airport, SLO (139 km away from Cerkno via Idrija and Postojna)
- Aeroporto Ronchi dei Legionari, Trieste, IT (98 km away from Cerkno via Nova Gorica)
- Aeroporto di Treviso Canova, Treviso, IT (195 km away from Cerkno via Nova Gorica)
- Aeroporto Marco Polo, Venice, IT (200 km from Cerkno via Nova Gorica)
- Kärnten Airport, Klagenfurt, AT (110 km away from Cerkno via Škofja Loka and Kranj)